We are conscious of the fact that you are placing your trust in us. We therefore see protecting your privacy as our responsibility. On this page we inform you about what data we collect when you use our website, why we collect this data and how we use the data to improve your experience as user. That way you will understand how we work.
Bartogi respects the privacy of all those who use its website and will ensure that the personal information you provide us with is processed in confidentiality. Furthermore, Bartogi has taken fitting technical and organisational measures to protect customer information against loss or inappropriate processing. The necessary security measures have been taken to prevent unauthorised third parties from gaining access to customer data.
As soon as you agree to our General Terms and Conditions during the ordering process you are likewise consenting to the processing of personal data processing as stated below.
What is the purpose of processing your personal data?
- In order to be able to process your order correctly and deliver it to your door, as well as enabling tracking of the package en route;
- In order to process any return shipments, if applicable;
- For service purposes should you contact us. We may then use your telephone number and/or email address to understand and manage orders and correspondence already exchanged;
- In order to make your shopping experience as pleasant as possible and to personalise our website to your interests;
- In order to display your purchasing history and more in your personal account;
- In order to process your subscription to the newsletter as well as emails regarding availability of products, or to inform you about special offers, sales and news;
- In order to send emails regarding your order or return order, including the order confirmation, updates on the shipping status and updates regarding your return shipment;
- In order to analyse your visit to our web shop and make your shopping experience even better and smoother;
- In order to analyse the website's traffic and prevent abuse and/or fraud; your IP address may be stored and processed during such activities.
We would like to receive the following personal data in order to process your order properly: first and last names, address/postal code/city or town/country (for invoicing and different delivery address, where applicable), telephone number, email address and IP address. We will not store your data for longer than permitted by the legal term. You can revoke your consent at any time whatsoever.
Data protection is an important part of the security of personal data and ensures that your personal data is safe with us. Our staff know how to handle personal data, keep data confidential, and in the case of a data theft will take the necessary steps, such as reporting it to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Bartogi collaborates with various third parties to make your shopping experience and ordering process proceed as smoothly as possible. Thus, for certain purposes it is necessary to share the required data with these third parties, including such things as payment via a payment provider, sending your order to the shipping partner, sending track-and-trace data by email and sending out newsletters from an email platform.
We solely use secure servers, secure connections and maintain processing agreements.
- Shopify to store your account data securely;
- Multisafepay, PayPal, Sofort for payments;
- PostNL, Bpost and Parcel for shipments and package tracking;
- Klaviyo for sending emails/newsletters.
If you sign up for our newsletter, we use required data separately provided by you to send you our email newsletter regularly based on your consent and in conformity with Article 6(1)(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time whatsoever by sending a message to the contact given below or using the link included in the newsletter. After you unsubscribe your email address will be removed, unless you have explicitly consented to further use of your data or we have reserved the right to process your data further, which is legally permitted and about which we inform you in this statement.
On the grounds of current Dutch and European legislation, as party involved you have certain rights regarding the personal data that is processed by us or on our behalf.
In principle, in order to prevent abuse, we only send transcripts and copies of your data to the email address we currently have on file. If you wish to receive the data at a different email address or, for example, by post, we will ask you for personal identification. We keep records of the requests that have been processed.
Right to review, rectify or remove personal data
Would you like to know exactly which of your personal data we have retained? Request an overview from us. You can also request that we modify this data or remove it. Send your request to our customer service desk and we will make the necessary changes. You will find our contact information at the bottom of this page.
Within 30 days of your request you will receive a reply from us. If the request concerns the right to review, we will send you a copy of all the data along with an overview of the processors who currently retain this information. We will also always let you know if we have modified or removed data at your request.
Right to object and other rights
In many cases you have the right to lodge an objection against undesired processing of your personal data by or on the instructions of Bartogi. If you lodge an objection, we will immediately stop processing your data pending the outcome of the objection procedure. If the objection is valid, we will make transcripts and/or copies of the data that we process or have processed available to you and afterwards continue permanently cease processing.
Moreover, you have the right not to be subjected to automated individual decision making or profiling. We do not process your data in such a way that makes this right applicable. If you believe that this is the case, however, please contact us. Our contact information can be found below.
Dutch Data Protection Authority
We would naturally be happy to help you if you have any complaints about the processing of personal data. You also have the right based on privacy legislation to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority regarding the processing of your personal data. In order to do so, please contact the Data Protection Authority.
Questions and feedback
7575 DA Oldenzaal
+31 (0)53 – 53 88 333